- Fizzy Thoughts: Another day, another book

Another day, another book

Monday, September 11, 2006

Last night I stayed up too late (11:30) finishing this book:



The Book of Bright Ideas, by Sandra Kring

I'm such a sucker for book covers. Sometimes that leads to crushing disappointment. This time it worked. That picture is Winnalee in a nutshell, although the book doesn't focus so much on Winnalee, but rather her best friend Button and Button's family.


Winnalee and her big sister Freeda roll into the small town of Dauber. It's 1961, and Freeda's wild ways are shocking to some, and a catalyst for change for others. For Button, life will never be the same after the sisters.
This was a good read...another book with great characters. I started it a few weeks ago, and then forgot about it. I read most of the book last night. And I smiled when I picked the book back up, because it had my Naploleon Dynamite bookmark in it!

0 comment(s):

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top