- Fizzy Thoughts: Antiquities, a book and a movie

Antiquities, a book and a movie

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm finally getting around to last weekend's events. I did all sorts of stuff (for me). In order, here's the rundown...


1. Getty Villa
Friday, my mom and I took a bus tour down to Malibu to see the Getty Villa. The villa is a museum full of Greek and Roman antiquities, and the building itself is modeled after an ancient villa that was buried when Vesuvius erupted. When Getty proposed the idea of a villa/museum, it was considered pretty radical (read loony) at the time. Today, it makes perfect sense. The villa was cooler than the art, especially the peristyles (aka the garden areas). Here are a few pictures:


I could live there.



3. The Thirteenth Tale
The weekend wouldn't be complete without a book! On Saturday I finished what might possibly be my favorite-ist book of the year. This is a book for those who love books! It's also got a really good mystery and some good twists to it.


4. Black Dahlia
On Sunday, my mom and I went to see this movie. Good, but a little (okay, a lot) gory in parts. It was very film noir.

So there you have it...my eventful weekend!

0 comment(s):

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top