- Fizzy Thoughts: Darn, I forgot to wear my black stocking cap

Darn, I forgot to wear my black stocking cap

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I just broke into a house.

Okay, okay...it was our rental. And the house was open. But the renter had locked herself out of the bedroom. (I guess she forgot to unlock the door the next morning and then later closed the door while on the wrong side.) Luckily, the window was open, so I pried off the screen and crawled through the window.

Evidently she's a little paranoid. She closes the bedroom door and locks it at night, because she's scared someone will break in. Since she lives in one of the cheapest looking houses on the block (call me slumlord) I doubt she has much to worry about.

So I broke into a house and did a good dead all at the same time. No one told me breaking and entering was part of a landlord's duties, though.

1 comment(s):

Mackenzie said...

You're such a good Slumlord, Jill!!
:)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top