- Fizzy Thoughts: This and that

This and that

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Mackenzie's travelling art exhibit is now official! I just hung the two photos that Mack so generously lent me...one at the top of the stairs, the other at the bottom. The Celtic cross is at the top of the stairs and the hanging laundry is at the bottom. Both HB and my mom love the pictures Mack!

I saw another English movie at the Palm today..."Keeping Mum." It was hysterical. Almost as good as "Little Miss Sunshine." Actually, it was just as good, but in a totally different way. It's about a vicar and his family (the vicar is boring, his wife is bored, his daughter is a nymphomaniac and his son is picked on by the school bullies) who live in a small (population 57) village and how their life changes when the new housekeeper arrives. There's much more to it than that, but I'd ruin the movie if I said more. Kristin Scott Thomas plays the wife and Patrick Swayze is quite entertaining as the golf pro.

I never commented on my San Diego trip. I had so much fun hanging out with Mack and Matt and staying in their new condo! My inaugural trip to IKEA was a blast and I loved the walk along the coast at La Jolla. Matt took a funny picture of the back of our (Mack and me) heads as we sat on a bench and enjoyed the view. I have a few pictures, but they're still on my camera.

Last week's finished book was The Icarus Girl. There was lots of Nigerian folklore involved, so I'm afraid I missed most of the book's meaning. I won't even begin to explain what it was about. I enjoyed the writing, but I would have enjoyed the book a whole lot more if I had a better understanding of Nigerian culture.

I'm currently reading a book of short stories that Mack gave me. :-) And today I bought four more books at B&N...like I need more books! I got a book of stories about France (Kate, if you're reading this, you might be interested in it), a book about a novelist's life in Verona, The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood and a novel about Brooklyn that looked funny. Holler if you'd like any of them when I'm done.

1 comment(s):

MackAttack said...

Jillo,
I am SO glad you are enjoying the Ireland photos. I am excited to see them in your home in November (next month!).
I hope the weather cools down for you! It's going to heat up here tomorrow, or so they say. Bye!
Mack

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top