- Fizzy Thoughts: What I did during Christmas vacation

What I did during Christmas vacation

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

1. I ate...a lot. Two Christmas dinners and a lunch. Ham, prime rib and corn chowder, and leftovers from all of them.

2. I read...also a lot. I read On Mexican Time, It's Not About the Tapas, and A Thousand Days in Venice. On Mexican Time is about a couple who moves to Mexico, and eventually they buy a fixer-upper. It's Not About the Tapas is about a Brit who bicycles through parts of Spain. And A Thousand Days in Venice is about an American who marries an Italian and moves to Venice. There's a definate travel theme going on there. It's Not About the Tapas was the funniest of the three, but none of them really knocked my socks off.

3. I put together a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle that my brother gave me for Christmas. It was a very mean gift, because it was really difficult. But since I get so obsessed with finishing puzzles, it was done in three days (there was a late night involved).

4. I saw The Good Shepherd, with my mom and her friend. Good, but long and depressing. I don't know that I'd actually recommend it.

5. I went shopping, of course! I got gift cards from Gottschalks and Borders and Barnes and Noble (online for that one). So I had to go spend them.

5 glorious days off...**sigh**. Now it's back to work. :-(

1 comment(s):

MackAttack said...

Hi Jill! Oh no, back to work? So sad. I am still enjoying my time off, it's wonderful!!! I was going to see that movie - would you recommend it to me?

I didn't know you liked puzzles, maybe I will find one to stump you for your bday. ;)

I'm glad you had a fun Christmas and got to go shopping!! My mom and I shopped for NINE hours today!!!!! I'm tired!!

Mack :)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top