Wednesday, December 27, 2006
1. I ate...a lot. Two Christmas dinners and a lunch. Ham, prime rib and corn chowder, and leftovers from all of them.
2. I read...also a lot. I read On Mexican Time, It's Not About the Tapas, and A Thousand Days in Venice. On Mexican Time is about a couple who moves to Mexico, and eventually they buy a fixer-upper. It's Not About the Tapas is about a Brit who bicycles through parts of Spain. And A Thousand Days in Venice is about an American who marries an Italian and moves to Venice. There's a definate travel theme going on there. It's Not About the Tapas was the funniest of the three, but none of them really knocked my socks off.
3. I put together a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle that my brother gave me for Christmas. It was a very mean gift, because it was really difficult. But since I get so obsessed with finishing puzzles, it was done in three days (there was a late night involved).
4. I saw The Good Shepherd, with my mom and her friend. Good, but long and depressing. I don't know that I'd actually recommend it.
5. I went shopping, of course! I got gift cards from Gottschalks and Borders and Barnes and Noble (online for that one). So I had to go spend them.
5 glorious days off...**sigh**. Now it's back to work. :-(