- Fizzy Thoughts: Another book

Another book

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Paris to the Moon, by Adam Gopnik

I've been reading this book for what seems like forever, but I finally finished it this morning. It is a series of essays about living in Paris with his wife and small son. People rave about his book. It was interesting, but after awhile I lost interest, Actually, it would be more accurate to say that some of the essays were more interesting than the others. He gets a little intellectual at times...I just want to read about what it's like living in Paris. I found Sarah Turnbull's Almost French to be much more entertaining and informative.

0 comment(s):

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top