- Fizzy Thoughts: PB&C

PB&C

Monday, April 16, 2007

I ran across a recipe on the internet yesterday that seemed interesting. It's called Bachelor Chicken, because it supposedly can be made with ingredients every bachelor kitchen has. I doubt that (plain yogurt?!?!), so I'm calling it PB&C (Peanut Butter and Chicken). And since I never pay much attention to original recipes, here is my loose interpretation...

2 cartons (those little ones you eat for breakfast, not the jumbo-size ones) of plain lowfat yogurt
3 giant spoonfuls (maybe a cup) of peanut butter (I used Skippy super-chunk, in case you were wondering)
some garlic salt
some more salt, because I figured the yogurt would be bland
some chili powder
boneless, skinless chicken tenders

Mix together everything but the chicken. Put the chicken in a baking dish, dump the sauce on top and bake at 350 for awhile. Probably about an hour, if you're like us and like your chicken well done. After about half an hour, the yogurt starts to curdle and it looks kinda icky. The longer it cooks, the more appetizing the sauce looks. Which I realize doesn't make the recipe sound that good, but I believe in full recipe disclosure.

I made couscous to go with it, but rice would be good too. There's lots of sauce, so it needs something like that as a side dish. It was good (HB liked it, so it couldn't have been that weird), but I think it needs more chili powder. Or something.

0 comment(s):

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top