- Fizzy Thoughts: This, that and the other

This, that and the other

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I finished reading Kiran Desai's The Inheritance of Loss this evening. My review is over at Readers Without Borders.

Hamburger will be home from Costa Rica in three days. Yippee!! Poor guy, sounds like his trip sucked, surf-wise. He's called practically everyday, so he's gotta be bored. However, he didn't get sick this year, which has got to be a first. Doesn't sound like he's interested in going back next year. We'll see what his attitude is next May, though.

It's Memorial weekend, so the tourist horde (you know, like the Mongol horde...only worse) has arrived in Morro Bay. Where it's cold and foggy. He he he (that would be evil laughter). I went to the grocery store yesterday and there were empty shopping carts everywhere in the parking lot. It was like driving through an obstacle course. I blame it all on the tourists. I mean we all know they can't drive once they hit the city limits, so I'm assuming they left their manners back home, too.

Kate and I had a pact to walk two miles this weekend. As of this afternoon, I fulfilled my end of the deal. Really, I should have walked lots more, but I was feeling quite lazy. But I still have tomorrow to tack on more mileage.

That's my weekend update. Very low-key around here.

0 comment(s):

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top