- Fizzy Thoughts: Overwhelmed with books

Overwhelmed with books

Saturday, June 30, 2007

I finally finished Beyond Ararat, which was a huge disappointment. I took a page out of Kate's book and wrote my review in the form of a letter. Only difference, I didn't send mine to the author!

Now I'm reading The Lost Continent, which is funny. Since it's a Sisterhood book, I need to finish it so I can pass it on. I also have another Sisterhood book waiting in the wings. And the book we have dubbed Too Much Dario that Kate wants me to read. And A Season With Verona for the July SlowTravel book club discussion. Ay yi yi.

Today is Hamburger's little bro's wedding. Which means no reading this evening. And last night was the rehearsal dinner. I gave up a night of reading to go watch people eat sushi. If I would have known sushi was involved, I would have thought twice about going. Yes, I've tried it. And yes, I can honestly say I don't like it. Any of it. So I ate my chicken and seaweed salad and listened to people rave about raw fish and wasabi.

1 comment(s):

MackAttack said...

Jill,
I am SO with you on the sushi topic. Whenever I tell people they say "well have you tried it?" and I say YES!!! Many kinds!!! It's like sushi fans won't take no for an answer.

Anyway, at least you got a free dinner! I had chicken too, thankfully minus the seaweed salad, at my parents' house for a bbq.

That Sisterhood thing looks really cool! I'm gonig to request the continent book from the library!

:) Mack

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top