- Fizzy Thoughts: Road trip!

Road trip!

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Okay, not really a road trip. More like a very long day spent on the road.

We (my mom, my brother and I) went down to Orange County yesterday to see my grandma, aunts and cousins. It's a 4 1/2 hour drive each way, but my brother chauffeured us in his (really, his wife's, but she let us take it) new car. I call it his grown-up car. Super-duper fancy, that car is. Yes, yes, there are fancier cars out there, but I drive a Honda. I'm easily impressed. I told my brother I was disappointed there was no cup holder in the back, and he said there had to be one. After flipping down the arm rest, he found the hidden thingamajibber that pulled out to reveal the cup holders. Never did find the tv, though. ;-)

I didn't get as much reading in as I had hoped, but I did manage to finish The Lost Continent on the way home. In between the bumps. Boy, the 405 needs some major resurfacing! There have been a few landscaping additions, as my mom saw a cell phone tower masquerading as a tree. I think it was trying to be a Douglas fir. It was actually doing a pretty good job. This was the first I had heard of the cell tower trees, and this one wasn't that tall and it was next to a similar looking real tree, so it didn't look out of place.

Today I'm sitting at home with the heater on, because, let's face it, Morro Bay in the summer just isn't warm.

0 comment(s):

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top