- Fizzy Thoughts: Too Much Dario

Too Much Dario

Monday, July 16, 2007

I did it. I finally finished Too Much Tuscan Sun. And since I've already wasted too much time on him, all I'm going to say is the author is an ethnocentric pompous ass.

1 comment(s):

Deborah said...

LOL, Jill.
You know when he first published that book, he was on SlowTalk for a while.
Several of us took some exception to the tone of the book.
He got his feelings hurt and left SlowTalk right away.
I don't remember who, but one of our regulars back then is a friend of his and says he really didn't mean to sound the way he did.
I personally think he did mean to sound the way he did. He just didn't realize that making fun of American Tourists in a book written for an American audience would backfire on him.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top