- Fizzy Thoughts: At the movies

At the movies

Saturday, August 18, 2007

I had a sneaking suspicion that HB wouldn't like The Bourne Ultimatum, but he so rarely wants to go see a movie that I didn't voice my doubts. Hey, who am I to pass up an opportunity for popcorn and candy?

And I was right. He loathed it, going so far as to state it was probably the worst movie he'd ever seen. Personally, I thought it was an entertaining, although highly unbelievable, story. Wait, the unethical CIA actions I can believe. But Matt Damon's character should've died about 20 different times in the movie. Maybe more. And for someone who couldn't even remember his original identity, I have a hard time believing he knew his way around the alleyways and side streets of Tangier. Oh well. There were some good chase scenes, a few amusing moments where the CIA looked like fools, and lots of blood. I threw that last bit in as a warning for those of you who don't like to look at the red stuff in your movies. There was even a modern day Batman fight scene. Instead of POW! Bam! Kerplooey!! they used whoop, whoop, whoops as sound effects during the kung-fu moves.

1 comment(s):

ourpartyof4 said...

I still want to go see it, blood and all. Sorry HB!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top