- Fizzy Thoughts: Booking Through Thursday (on a Sunday)

Booking Through Thursday (on a Sunday)

Sunday, August 19, 2007

One book at a time? Or more than one? If more, are they different types/genres? Or similar? (We’re talking recreational reading, here—books for work or school don’t really count since they’re not optional.)

I go through phases. Usually I'm a one at a time reader. I'm certainly a more productive (not like I'm counting books or anything, I just can't think of the word I want) reader if I limit myself to one book at a time. But there are times when I will keep starting different books, because I want to read them all, and I want to read them all right now. However, when it comes to finishing them, I usually have to go back to the one at a time practice.

So I guess you could say I'm a wanna be polygamist, doomed to a life of monogamy.

2 comment(s):

Gracie said...

Oh I wanted to read your entry, but something technical must have happened to the picture (very nice, by the way) and the majority of the blog entry is unreadable. Can you fix it? I look forward to reading more of your BTT comments.

softdrink said...

Hi Gracie!

Thanks for stopping by. I've been on a few different computers and the page views fine. If you still have problems please let me know! Maybe I need to change my header.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top