- Fizzy Thoughts: My bologna has a first name...

My bologna has a first name...

Friday, August 17, 2007

Driving home from work today, I saw...

the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile! I actually saw it twice. The first time it passed me as I was merging onto the freeway. I looked over to see a giant hot dog in the fast lane. A bit surreal, that. Especially when I noticed the personalized license plate - YUMMY. I saw it again when I was at a stoplight and it went cruising through the intersection.

That thing can move. For those of you familiar with SLO I got off at the Morro Bay northbound exit and I could still see it ahead of me. It must have exited at California, because I was at Santa Rosa and Foothill when it rolled through the intersection headed for Foothill Plaza. I'm still wondering where they were headed. Can you even imagine pulling up to a gas station in that thing??

1 comment(s):

ourpartyof4 said...

What the heck was it doing in the fast lane?? Isn't the speed limit for weenie mobiles 35 on the freeways?

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top