- Fizzy Thoughts: Home again, home again, jiggidy jig

Home again, home again, jiggidy jig

Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm back from Italy. And back at work.

*sigh*

Ah well...I've got to fund all those books and trips somehow.

Italy was fabulous. As usual, I was astounded at how smoothly everything went. I always expect something to happen, and we always seemed to be charmed on the overseas trips. We got there without any hitches, and we got home in one piece. The only mishaps were fuel issues with the rental car (hilarious story, details to follow) and a bumpy ride down a flight of stairs, resulting in a viciously bruised butt and tailbone. I always fall on vacation, so that didn't come as too much of a surprise.

I kept a daily travel journal and will be slowly typing in all the entries over the next month or so. I'd start now, but I seem to have left the journal at home. Which means I should get back to work. Darn.

2 comment(s):

avanta7 said...

Welcome home! I can't wait to read all the details and ogle all the lovely pictures you'll post.

softdrink said...

Thank you!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top