- Fizzy Thoughts: Rolling

Rolling

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Do you get on a roll when you read, so that one book leads to the next, which leads to the next, and so on and so on?
I don’t so much mean something like reading a series from beginning to end, but, say, a string of books that all take place in Paris. Or that have anthropologists as the main character. Or were written in the same year. Something like that… Something that strings them together in your head, and yet, otherwise could be different genres, different authors…

This usually happens with travel writing, especially books written by people who have moved to another country. I love reading about people's experiences in other countries, so I'll read a whole string of books then get so jealous I can't stand it, and move on to something else. Then I'll start the cycle all over again.
Other than that one particular genre, I don't tend to choose my next book based on the one I'm currently reading. Usually, it's more like a pretty cover catches my eye...

0 comment(s):

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top