- Fizzy Thoughts: Volume

Volume

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Would you say that you read about the same amount now as when you were younger? More? Less? Why?

When I was a kid, and still into high school, I was an avid reader. I would stay up late on weekends reading (gee, some things just don't change). However, like many of you, when I was in college, time seems to have been eaten up with classes, and studying, and working, and hanging out with roommates and friends.

So yes, I read about the same amount now as when I was younger, if you exclude the college years.

3 comment(s):

Mackenzie said...

i read a lot more when i was younger... i would stay up late and read whole series of books. I loved babysitters club and the sweet valley twin books! did you ever read those?

softdrink said...

Nope. I hate to break it to you, but I think they were after my time. ;-)

MackAttack said...

ha ha... well they were also probably below your intelligence level! :)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top