- Fizzy Thoughts: Highlights

Highlights

Thursday, December 27, 2007

It’s an old question, but a good one . . . What were your favorite books this year?
List as many as you like … fiction, non-fiction, mystery, romance, science-fiction, business, travel, cookbooks … whatever the category. But, really, we’re all dying to know. What books were the highlight of your reading year in 2007?


In no particular order, here is the best of 2007...

The Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
love walked in, by Marisa de los Santos
The Reluctant Fundamentalist, by Mohsin Hamid
The Bastard of Istanbul, by Elif Shafak
eat pray love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
Julia's Chocolates, by Cathy Lamb
A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hossein
The Blood of Flowers, by Anita Amirrezvani
The Saffron Kitchen, by Yasmin Crowther
The Caliph's House, by Tahir Shah

I forgot (how could I forget?!?)...
Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen
The Thirteenth Tale, by Diana Setterfield

7 comment(s):

gautami tripathy said...

I like! I want to read Mohsin Hamid and Elif Shafak!

karen! said...

'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hossein
'The Blood of Flowers' by Anita Amirrezvani

These two are on my list as well.

Happy new year!

Julia said...

Have not read books by Khaled Hossein but I see that many people like it....I won The Kite Runner this week and can't wait to read it :)

Happy BTT!

LisaMM said...

I got A Thousand Splendid Suns for Christmas and can't wait to read it. Kite Runner was my favorite book this year.

LisaMM said...

I got A Thousand Splendid Suns for Christmas and can't wait to read it. Kite Runner was my favorite book this year.

BookGal said...

I got some nice Borders cards for Christmas so I think I'm off to order A Thousand Splendid Suns. It's been on my TBR list forever because I can't get a copy from my library. Thanks for the push.

alisonwonderland said...

i enjoyed The Thirteenth Tale this year too (although it didn't quite make my highlights list). you've got several that are definitely on my 2008 to-read list!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top