- Fizzy Thoughts: My new love

My new love

Sunday, December 23, 2007

These are ricotta cookies. I know they don't look like much, but my whole family fell in love with them tonight.

And yes, I made them with my own two hands. I know that may come as a shock, but I figured since it was Christmas and all, I would bake something. I actually tore myself away from a book for the approximately two hours (that includes the baking time) it took to whip these puppies up. They are probably the easiest cookie I've ever made.

Ricotta Cookies

2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
4 cups all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Icing:
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).

At medium speed, beat in ricotta, vanilla and eggs until well combined.

Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.

Drop dough by level tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake approximately 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft). Remove to wire rack to cool. When cookies are cool, prepare icing. Drizzle icing across tops of cookies and immediaely sprinkle with sugar crystals or sprinkles. Allow to dry at least 1 hour, preferably longer. Yield: 6 dozen.

2 comment(s):

Mackenzie said...

yummmmmm... i will let you know when i make these myself! :)

did you get your pkg?

ourpartyof4 said...

Yummmy!! I am going to try these out soon. We need to work on your drizzle technique!

Did you save me any?? ;-)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top