- Fizzy Thoughts: Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It is currently 3 degrees in Green Bay, WI. This California girl is going to freeze her ass off!


Tomorrow, Hamburger and I leave for the frozen tundra. Yes, we are really going to Wisconsin . In December. To see a Packers football game. And yes, I am going of my own free will.

Of course, it is snowing in Chicago currently and they are snow plowing the runways. Flights are backed up. And wouldn't you know, we fly through Chicago. This could be where my travel karma abandons ship.

I am pretty much packed. I am taking the same suitcase I took for a month in Italy, and I'm only going for 5 days. It is stuffed full of long johns, turtlenecks and sweaters. As well as two scarves, ear muffs, a hat, mittens and gloves, hand warmers, and three books. Can't forget the books. Because really, how much time do you really think we'll be spending outdoors?

I am also taking the laptop, so stay tuned for updates as Hamburger and Softdrink travel to the frozen tundra for a freakin' football game.

1 comment(s):

MackAttack said...

yay jillo!! i am excited to read your updates, i'll be thinking about you!!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top