- Fizzy Thoughts: Anticipay-ay-shun

Anticipay-ay-shun

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Last week we talked about the books you liked best from 2007. So this week, what with it being a new year, and all, we’re looking forward….
What new books are you looking forward to most in 2008? Something new being published this year? Something you got as a gift for the holidays? Anything in particular that you’re planning to read in 2008 that you’re looking forward to? A classic, or maybe a best-seller from 2007 that you’re waiting to appear in paperback?

First of all, since this is my first post of the new year, let me start by saying happy 2008! I wish you all a peaceful, happy year full of wonderful books (or other things, if you're not a book geek like me).

Now for my answer...

I have a note on my February calendar that Lisa See's Peony in Love comes out in paperback on February 19th (and boy, if you didn't consider me a book geek before now, that statement probably convinced you). Other than that, I really haven't given it a lot of thought. Nothing is currently lying (laying?) around screaming out "pick me, pick me!" I do have my list of books for the Expanding Horizons Challenge, and since I just finished my current book (Special Topics in Calamity Physics, two thumbs up, write-up to be done sometime fairly soonish), I'm looking forward to starting those, especially Twinkle, Twinkle, by Kaori Ekuni.

Meanwhile, I'll just keep browsing the bookstores and blogs looking for future good reads.

0 comment(s):

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top