- Fizzy Thoughts: Nothing much happening here

Nothing much happening here

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Yesterday, HB and I went to see The Bucket List. Despite the fact that both of the main characters have cancer, the movie is pretty funny. Especially if you like Jack Nicholson, which we do. Other than that highlight, it's been a very low key weekend. Mostly, we've stayed indoors and listened to the wind and the rain.

I've been reading Ines of My Soul and finding it slow going. It needs more dialogue. Is this lack of dialogue common to Isabel Allende's books? If so, I doubt I'll be reading her again.

My Italy pictures have been enjoying some attention. Schmap (which, incidentally, doesn't load all that well on my computer) emailed me and asked if they could use one of my flickr pictures for the church Santa Maria in Trastavere. Which just goes to show that there really are people looking at your flickr pics. And then Marta, one of the SlowTrav forum moderators who selects a picture of the week from member photos, decided to give my Italy album some love this week. I thought that was pretty cool.

HB reminded me the other day that I have a birthday coming up. I reminded him that I still have a couple of months, because I'm in no rush to turn 39. He said I could be 29. Which sounds great, but still doesn't disguise the fact that next year I'll be 40. How in the hell did that happen?!? So now I'm trying to think of a really cool trip for 2009...you know, to console myself for that birthday involving the number 4. Maybe Ireland. Maybe not. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

6 comment(s):

lisamm said...

Your Italy pictures are gorgeous. That's cool it got some notice.

I wouldn't mind being 39 again.. I'll be 46 in May.

lisamm said...

Oh, I meant to add.. on my 40th we couldn't get a sitter. My kids were 3 and 4 at the time. We ended up going to Knott's Berry Farm, a local amusement park. It wasn't Ireland, LOL, but we had fun.

MackAttack said...

hey Jillo - that's awesome about your pics!

i am all for ireland, it's one of my fav. places.

or, maybe somewhere warm where you can sit on the beach and read?

lisamm said...

Hey Jill, I tagged you for a meme. Go see.

softdrink said...

Thanks Lisa and Mack! I actually bought a book on Ireland yesterday, so we'll see...

And Lisa, thanks for the tag. I needed the break!

Marta said...

Hi Jill,

I'm glad to help give your photos some love. The album is great. Congratulations.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top