- Fizzy Thoughts: a bookish meme

a bookish meme

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Thank god for memes. When you're trying to blog everyday, and it's the work week, these little things come in handy.

This one has been around for quite awhile, but it's currently making the rounds again. I saw it over at Care's blog. Thank you Care!

Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

From Three Junes, by Julia Glass:

It took a few evenings for me to learn how to ride these conversations, how not to be left in the starting gate, my horse bolted out from under me.

Mal never mentioned his health, yet the reason for our artificial friendship was rarely far from my mind. One evening the following spring, I noticed a mark on his forearm, a purple amoeba, when he rolled up his sleeves to begin a risotto.

Darn...it starts to get good after that.

I'm not tagging anyone in particular, but for all you Slow Travelers who like to read and need a blogging subject...have at it! And tomorrow is Booking Through Thursday, so there's another topic for you, too.

3 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

I loved this book! And reading about the author is most interesting, too. - Care

Annie said...

Okay, I did this bookish meme thing. Thanks!

girasoli said...

I did one too. Fun!!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top