- Fizzy Thoughts: But, enough about books

But, enough about books

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Okay, even I can’t read ALL the time, so I’m guessing that you folks might voluntarily shut the covers from time to time as well… What else do you do with your leisure to pass the time? Walk the dog? Knit? Run marathons? Construct grandfather clocks? Collect eggshells?

Run marathons???? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ha. I go through phases where I go for long walks on the weekends, but right now I'm not in one of those phases.
I spend way too much time on the computer. In the evening, if I'm not reading, I'm on the laptop. Sometimes, I'll watch an old episode of Law and Order: SVU, but that's pretty much the only tv show that catches my interest. Although, when it's football season, I will watch some of the games with HB.
I love to travel, but that takes time and money. But when I do travel, I like to take off for 2-4 weeks at a time. Last year it was Italy. The year before Seattle, Washington and Oahu. In 2005, I went to England and Oahu. This year it'll be Savannah, Georgia, and probably Oregon. Hamburger's family has a week-long reunion every year in Oregon that we usually try to attend. And occasionally we'll go out of town for the weekend, especially to Santa Barbara or Santa Cruz. If I have a trip coming up, I'll spend a lot of my time researching places to go and things to see.
I also love to shop...for clothes, books and shoes, not necessarily in that order. Although I can spend hours in a bookstore.
Hamburger and I usually go out to dinner once a week. But only to the local Mexican food restaurant. Sometimes we'll mix it up and go to the other local Mexican food restaurant. It's pretty much a joke how predictable we are. I also like to go out to lunch, and this is when I go to places that HB won't. This weekend I'm going out to Novo with a friend.
And occasionally, I'll go to the movies with my mom. Saturday, we're going to see There Will Be Blood.
If you want to join in the Booking Through Thursday fun, just hop on over to the blog and follow the instructions.

5 comment(s):

Jaimie said...

I love your reaction to running marathons!
I would love to travel more but it iis very expensive. I would love to go to Europe and tour the entire continent!

She Rants said...

I also loved your reaction to marathons. It made me laugh!

pussreboots said...

I'd love to travel as much as you do. Happy BTT.

lisamm said...

Shopping! Mexican restaurants! Movies with mom! We could be twins!

karen! said...

This week's BTT question was really fun. It's interesting to see what everyone likes doing with the rest of their free time.

I also spend way too much time on the computer, though I wasn't brave enough to admit that in my post.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top