- Fizzy Thoughts: Format

Format

Thursday, February 21, 2008

All other things (like price and storage space) being equal, given a choice in a perfect world, would you rather have paperbacks in your library? Or hardcovers? And why?

I generally don't keep my books, so first of all I have to pretend I have a library. I do have shelves of books, but that's just because I have a book buying problem...someday I'll manage to read them all. At least I keep telling myself that.

But, to answer the question, I'm an equal opportunity book lover. I'd buy whatever caught my eye. Sometimes I see a hardcover and can't wait to read it, so I'll buy it. Other times, I'll wait for the paperback. I have no problem mixing up formats in my giant to-be-read pile/pretend library.

3 comment(s):

lisamm said...

We are a lot alike!

girasoli said...

I prefer paperback for reading (also cheaper) but hardcover for the books I keep such as the coffee table type books with lots of pictures inside.

trish said...

Your idea of having books just appear in a magical library was *brilliant*. I like it even better than my own idea. *grin*

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top