- Fizzy Thoughts: James Lipton meme

James Lipton meme

Sunday, February 24, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends... Seriously, thanks for all the memes this month. It's made blogging daily much easier.

So yes, I've been tagged again. Thanks Trish! This is the James Lipton meme, and I actually had to think about this one. By the way, I had to look James Lipton up. The name meant nothing to me. Although now that I've read about him, I have vague memories of an interview with Johnny Depp.

1. What is your favorite word? I wouldn't call them favorite words, but I know I use definitely and really quite a bit, especially on this blog. As far as words I like the sound of...lollygag is pretty cool. So is hippity-hop. I think it's a fun sounding word. And I like onomatopoeias... buzz, shush, ribbit.

2. What is your least favorite word? Separate. We read A Separate Peace in high school. When we wrote the essay, I spelled separate incorrectly (seperate). The teacher wrote some witty/snide comment about it...and I've been traumatized ever since.

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? I'm not very creative. I'm definitely not spiritual. And come to think of it, I'm not all that emotional, although I cry pretty easy at books and movies. So... creatively, I'd have to say thinking outside the box. Spiritually, I'll go with travel. And emotionally, a creative book. And humor. I love people that make me laugh (and I'm not talking stand-up comedy).

4. What turns you off? Ethnocentrism.

5. What is your favorite curse word? Fuck. Didn't I just say I'm not creative? And did you know there's a list of films that most frequently use the word fuck? How do I know this? 8 Mile was on tv last night and I googled it...and wikipedia links to that list.

6. What sound or noise do you love? Rain, especially when I'm inside with a good book, or when I wake up in the middle of the night. Also, lawn mowers on a summer day.

7. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Book store owner.

8. What profession would you not like to do? Mike Rowe, and any of the dirty jobs he investigates.

9. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "What the hell are you doing here? Oh well, the library is that way."

1 comment(s):

trish said...

I read A Separate Peace in high school as well and I remember the teacher saying, "There's *a* *rat* in sep.a.rat.e." For the longest time I spelled desperate wrong because they're so similar and I figured if the rule applied to one it must apply to another...

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top