- Fizzy Thoughts: a lame post

a lame post

Thursday, February 14, 2008

What a day to get blogger's block.

Did anyone see Google's Valentine's Day logo? And did you know that they have an online museum that shows all of their holiday logos over the years. It's kinda fun.

Besides being Valentine's Day, this is also the day Hamburger and I celebrate our anniversary (16 years, if you're wondering). Since we're not married and neither one of us remember the day we started dating (we met sometime during Fall quarter at Cal Poly and started dating sometime during Spring quarter), we finally chose Valentine's Day as our pseudo-anniversary. We never do much, though, and this year was even more low-key than usual. HB got me a rose and Hershey's kisses. I bought him dinner, but we didn't go out. Instead, I picked up Lolo's (our favorite Mexican food) on my way home from work. He's pooped from a week of setting up for a concrete pour, and I'm tired from being out of town. And, there's really not much food in the house. So buying dinner was more of a necessity than a Valentine's Day/anniversary thing. Going to the grocery store is definitely on tomorrow's list of chores.

I was looking forward to blogging today, because it's Booking through Thursday, and I usually get a good prompt, which means I don't have to think of a topic to blog about, and if I ramble on, at least it's related to books. This week's question, though...it stumped me...

Have you ever fallen out of love with a favorite author? Was the last book you read by the author so bad, you broke up with them and haven’t read their work since? Could they ever lure you back?

I'm drawing a total blank, so no contribution from me this week.

I do have a four day weekend, though. Since I attended the conference in Sacramento on Tuesday, which was a county holiday, I get tomorrow off. And Monday's a holiday, too. So no work until Tuesday. Wa-hooooooo! However, I don't have any exciting plans. Tomorrow I must go to the grocery store (if I say this enough times, maybe I'll actually go), and the house needs a cleaning. Exciting times, eh?

2 comment(s):

girasoli said...

I really have not paid attention to that many of the logos. It was interesting looking at them. I also enjoyed the fan logos. What people do in their spare time!

Happy anniversary!!

Jerry said...

Your post mde me think - I used to enjoy Patricia Cornwell. Her last book was so awful that I don't think I can read another! I really think she has gotten a tad too obsessed with other things and her books are suffering.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top