- Fizzy Thoughts: Non-fiction meme

Non-fiction meme

Friday, February 22, 2008

I've been tagged again, this time for a non-fiction meme, started by Gautami:

a) What issues/topic interests you most–non-fiction, i.e, cooking, knitting, stitching, there are infinite topics that has nothing to do with novels? Travel/living in other countries memoirs. And guide books if I'm planning a trip. Otherwise, I usually avoid non-fiction.

b) Would you like to review books concerning those? I post about them here on my blog, but I wouldn't really call it a review. It's more like I jot down a few thoughts so I can remember what I've read.

c) Would you like to be paid or do it as interest or hobby? Tell reasons for what ever you choose. Yeah sure, if I could actually write a coherent, well thought out review. Which I can't, so I'll just dream. And stick to my all over the place style (and I use that term loosely).

d) Would you recommend those to your friends and how? Yup. Via this here blog, or by passing the book along to the few people I know who also appreciate the genre, like my friend Judith or my uncle Bill. Sometimes Kate.

e) If you have already done something like this, link it to your post. You can go here to see all the books (not just the travel ones) I read in 2007. Or here for 2008.

f) Please don’t forget to link back here or whoever tags you. Hi Melissa!

I'm supposed to tag 10 people, but I'm not the greatest at tagging. So once again, all you Slow Travelers who want to play, go right ahead. Oh yeah, and Lisa...I'm tagging you!

2 comment(s):

Melissa said...

Hey! Thanks for playing. (I love travel books, too. I'll have to go browse your list for some ideas.)

lisamm said...

Hi twinny, well let's see.. normally I would do this on my own blog, but I'm just dragging tonight so I'm going to do it here in the comments. Hope that's ok.

I don't read a ton of non fiction, but when I do, it's usually something about parenting or relationships. Self-help or relationship-help stuff. My friend just sent me the Love Languages book by Gary Chapman. That is the last time I complain about my husband to her! At least it wasn't The Care and Keeping of Husbands by Dr. Laura (gag me!!) Oh, I guess I shouldn't say that. I haven't read her books. It's just the whole attitude of the woman kowtowing to the man (kowtowing.. I think that's the right word. Maybe I made that up. Not sure. Too tired to care). Yuck.

I review just about anything I read, unless I hate it. If I merely dislike it, I might review it. But if I really hate it, I will generally spare my (approx. 4) readers from my venom.

On the off-chance that someone would want to pay me to review something, I wouldn't say no :-)

I would recommend anything I like to my friends. Why not?

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top