- Fizzy Thoughts: Six word memoir meme

Six word memoir meme

Monday, February 18, 2008

Lisa, over at Books on the Brain, has tagged me for another meme (thank goodness...she seems to know just when I'm in need of a topic!). The six word memoir meme, started by bookbabie, is based on a book, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure, by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser. I first read about this book over at bleedingespresso, where I composed my own six word memoir (thereby making this meme really easy). By the way, you can also submit your memoir to Smith Magazine, if you are so inclined.

So, here's the meme...

1. Write your own six word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you like
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere
4. Tag five more blogs with links
5. And don't forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play

I have two:


Travel often, with book in hand.


Hamburger and softdrink, hold the fries.


I can't decide. Which do you like better? (I have a sneaking suspicion the Slow Travelers are going to go for the first one.)


I'm going to tag any of the SlowTrav bloggers who want to play.

6 comment(s):

girasoli said...

I like the second one better, just because it is unique to you!

lisamm said...

Like them both, but like girasoli said, the 2nd one is you.

Thanks for playing!

bleeding espresso said...

I couldn't pick before and I can't pick now. Great job :)

andasamo said...

Sheer brilliance :)
(But do parents and friends keep asking when the small fries will be ready??)

I'll have to put my thinking cap for this one...furrows brow in concentration...

bookbabie said...

Being the "bookbabie" I have to go with the first one, plus I'm gluten intolerant so it would be sacrilegious to vote for a hamburger! I went to Smith magazine when I first posted, but I didn't see that page, rats, I'm going to go back and add that to my original post anyway!

softdrink said...

Anne - not any more they don't! They finally got tired of asking.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top