- Fizzy Thoughts: 6 Random Things

6 Random Things

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Here's another meme that I've seen while out and about reading various blogs. All you have to do is share 6 random, and little known, things about yourself. Have I done this before? If I can't remember, then it doesn't count. And besides, I need a topic! So, here goes...

1. I love going to the dentist. I have never had a cavity, and I used to babysit the dental hygienist's kids (23 years ago...yikes!). So there's no stress and fun conversation whenever I go to an appointment.

2. That same dental hygienist actually made my prom dress. It was one of those bubble dresses popular in the '80s. *shudder* Oh, and it was green. And no, I won't post a picture.

3. When I was a substitute teacher, I got nailed in the forehead with a spit wad. And in the butt with a piece of homemade barbed wire (staples twined together, it was really quite clever, although it was a pain in the ass. And I mean that literally.) I was also called bitch. High schoolers can be so charming.

4. I have never sent a text message. In fact, I disabled the feature on my cell phone.

5. I don't remember when or how I learned to read. Not even a glimmer of a memory.

6. I only wear one contact lens. My vision in my left eye is so bad it can't be corrected.

And I'm sure you could have gone the rest of your life happily not knowing those six things. But there you have it, my post for the day.

5 comment(s):

Eden said...

Hi Jill,

I enjoyed the post. When you feel that you are to be out of topics you can list another 6 random things! Seriously, I enjoy reading your blog. Funny ending comments too.

Scary subbing experiences though. And these are the kids who will be leading our country in the next few years!

MackAttack said...

hey jillo - those were fun random things. i'm going to an 80's prom night in may - do you still have your green dress and do you think it would fit me (size 12)?? I was going to go to the salvation army but your dress sounds perfect.

girasoli said...

I have a great dentist but still have a great fear of the dentist (not the person - just what will happen when I open my mouth). I guess it stems back to a not so nice dentist that I had when I was little.

I spent one year as a speech therapist at the high school level and that was it. Scary times indeed! I give you credit for going back a second time.

softdrink said...

Thanks Eden...I last subbed over 10years ago, so those kids are closer to leading the country than you might think!

Hey mackadilly! Random fact #7 - my mom and I don't keep things, so sorry, no more green bubble dress. :-( It would have been just the right size, too.

And girasoli, all I can say is I'm so glad I'm not the target of spitwads anymore! I only stuck it out for 4 (looooong, agonizing, poor) years.

MackAttack said...

:( I don't like random fact #7

you do keep rubber duckies though

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top