- Fizzy Thoughts: Daffodils

Daffodils

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just like I hate to cook, I also hate to garden. Our front yard is a small patch of green grass. Our back yard won't be discussed. However, I do like looking at all the pretty pictures of flowers that are blooming in people's gardens at this time of year. Especially Krista's. She'd scream in horror if she saw our backyard. I'd probably scream in horror, too. Luckily, we don't have to look in that direction very often.

Anyways...to continue yesterday's theme of favorites, my favorite flower is the daffodil. Especially the two-tone varieties (hah, two-toned...now it's totally obvious I'm not a gardener), because much as I love daffodils, I'm not a fan of the color yellow. But, I love daffodils because they're so chipper looking, and they remind me of spring. And I just like the word daffodil.

What's your favorite flower?

8 comment(s):

trish said...

My favorite flower is the daffodil, but the all yellow ones. I happen to *love* yellow. :D

Oh, and California poppies. I just love their happy orange color.

girasoli said...

Sunflowers are my favorite flower.

bkclubcare said...

I love Zinnias! and daisies.

Annie said...

Spring: daffodils (I like the two-toned ones too) and iris

Summer: zinnias and daisies

I like geraniums too because they are so easy.

anne said...

Blue flag irises, because they are such a wonderful splash of colour in a marshy area.

Hollyhocks remind me of hot summer days at my grandmother's house.

(Fields run riot with dandelions also take me back to childhood...preferably someone else's field!)

Palma said...

Here, I love casablanca lilies, tulips, daffodils and pansies.

I love the poppies and sunflowers in Italy!

Kim said...

I love the daffodil as the first sign of spring (and because the deer won't eat them; they trashed my tulips). Ours are just busting through the ground now.

khb said...

Oh, you are too funny, I am sure I would not scream in horror at your back yard, it would just remind me of what my garden looked like before we made it over. By the way, I love bi-colored daffodils, too. And how about Freesias, don't you just love the way they smell?

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top