- Fizzy Thoughts: The end of March Madness.. and off on an April Adventure

The end of March Madness.. and off on an April Adventure

Monday, March 31, 2008

For two months in a row, I blogged every day. I'm not really sure how I managed to accomplish that, but I did, and it's over. And so far, no one over at Slow Travel has laid down the gauntlet for April. Thank gawd. Thanks to all of you for the comments. I looooooooove comments, even if I don't always respond to them.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Savannah for my long awaited vacation. Yes, I realize I went to Italy 6 months ago, and that was a long awaited vacation, too...but let's be honest, all my vacations are eagerly anticipated and long awaited, because I'd much rather be traveling than working. I can guarantee as soon as I return from Savannah I'll be dreaming about where I can go next.

Anyways...I'm packed, the house is clean, my car is at the mechanics for some much needed TLC (aka its 90,000 mile service) and I can throw away my mile-long to-do list, because it's all done. And I finally finished Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, John Berendt's non-fiction (hah!) account of murder in Savannah. I loved reading about all the places I'll be seeing, but I still can't get over the fact that this book is classified as non-fiction.

Here are a few of the places on my must-see list for Savannah:

So stay tuned...the laptop is going along for the adventure, and while I'm sure I won't be posting daily, I do plan to blabber on about what I'm up to in Savannah.

2 comment(s):

girasoli said...

I loved your post (stole some of your words and added them to my post).

Have a wonderful time! I wish I was able to go. I look forward to reading all about it through your blog as well as the other Slow Travel Blogging gang.

softdrink said...

I wish you were here, too. :-(

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top