- Fizzy Thoughts: A fun-filled evening at Casa Softdrink

A fun-filled evening at Casa Softdrink

Friday, March 28, 2008

It's official. As of 3:15 this afternoon (that's an odd time, but I had a hard time getting all my stuff done and leaving on time) I am on vacation. I don't have to be back at work until April 15th. In 4 days I leave for Savannah. And I have a to-do list a mile long, most of it involving cleaning and laundry. Why do I feel such a compulsion to have a clean house whenever I leave on a trip? Anyone else have this issue? Tonight I cleaned the kitchen. I even mopped the floor. Good times.

However, tomorrow I'm taking a break from the drudgery and going to the movies with my mom. We have plans to see In Bruges, so at least I'll have something a little more entertaining to blog about tomorrow. We hope.

7 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Dear Softdrink, I have been reading your blog for a while now but feel the urge to post a comment about cleaning house before a trip. This hits home (literally for me). Before leaving for a trip I always "have to" clean my house because I feel coming back to a messy one would just be depressing. I'm with you on cleaning before a trip. I'll be looking forward to meeting you finally in Savannah. Barb Cabot/bcwired

softdrink said...

Barb, thanks for reading, and for posting a comment. I'm so glad I'm not alone in my obsession! ;-D I'll see you next weekend!

girasoli said...

I have the same "problem" :-)

andasamo said...

Not me! I have no problem coexisting with a little messiness (but not dirtiness...I HATE it if a certain someone forgets to wipe up the stove when he cooks!)

trish said...

I totally have this same problem, but it extends to my car as well. My car *must* be clean before I leave on a trip. My fiance argues that it'll just get dirty and I should clean it when I get home, but I say that I don't want to spend a lot of time in a dirty car. And I want to come back to a clean house. So going on vacation totally stresses me out!!

Annie said...

I wish I had this obsession because it would be so nice to come home to a clean house instead of to the mess I usually leave behind when I go on vacation!

Have a good one and have a great time in Savannah!

Stephanie said...

I clean the house from top to bottom before going on vacation - who wants to come home to a filthy house AND have to do laundry from the trip? I went to China last July and my house sparkled before we left! Oh, how I wish it would stay that way!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top