- Fizzy Thoughts: Google image meme

Google image meme

Friday, March 21, 2008







The wonderful Lisa, my long lost twin who knows I need help thinking of stuff to write about every day, tagged me for this meme:

Go to Google Image Search. Type in the name of the last book you really enjoyed (because you may not have enjoyed the last book you read). Perform the search. Now, obviously you’re going to get pictures of the book cover, but see what else comes up, and how it relates to your life right now.

I entered Peony in Love, and because it's currently a hot book, I got oodles of pictures of the various book covers. But hidden amidst the covers were these three images. The first is incredibly relevant, if you ignore the fact that there's no way my feet would ever fit in anything that tiny seeing's how I wear a size 10. Yes, 10. But, I love, love, love shoes. HB once asked me how many pairs of black shoes I had. I told him not enough. The second picture is, appropriately enough, a book cover. Showing a woman reading. Need I say more? The third picture was a bit harder. It's a picture of a pavilion, and it happens to illustrate an article Lisa See wrote about Peony in Love. But there's a garden in it, and I'm reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, which is about Savannah, which is where I'll be in 11 days.

So...shoes, books and travel. Three of my favorite things.

2 comment(s):

lisamm said...

I LOVE this! The pictures are perfect. You won't believe it but my "golden lillies" are also a size 10! Twins, separated at birth!

Thanks for playing!

softdrink said...

Now if only I can convince you to read the end of the book first!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top