- Fizzy Thoughts: A San Diego haiku

A San Diego haiku

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm back from San Diego, where I attended a training for trainers. We learned all about the importance of preparation, lots of stuff about adult learners and learning styles, fun exercises (as in learning exercises, not sweaty exercises), and some other stuff I can't remember right now because I'm not at work and so I'm not being paid to think. Basically, it was about how to design trainings. I thought I would share with you the grand finale of my two days of training. Our group had to write a haiku about what we learned. After much thought and reflection, we composed this masterpiece:

Start pot of coffee
Must read it, learn it, know it
Now, time for cocktail

We even illustrated it with a coffee cup and a martini glass. Can you believe I get paid for this?

4 comment(s):

girasoli said...

It sounds like some of my "paid" workshops :-)

Annie said...

That is too funny! I need to go to a training like that, my haiku skills are rusty. :)

bkclubcare said...

Sounds like my approach to most every day of my life (nah, I'm trying to cut back on the cocktails...) Brilliant, I say!

Jerry said...

I do a lot of training as wlela dn go to workshops like that. I makes for a nice break! Sadly mine aren't often in places like San Diego.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top