- Fizzy Thoughts: Yet another reason why tv is crap

Yet another reason why tv is crap

Sunday, March 09, 2008

I rarely watch tv, but I do listen to it most every day. If HB is home, the tv is on. So when I sit here in my chair reading or blogging, I am usually half tuned in to the tv chatter in the background. Plus, I don't normally wear my contacts or glasses at home, so the tv is a little fuzzy.

For the last week, I have been hearing an ad for Gene Simmons Family Jewels. I haven't ever looked up and actually watched the ad, but I've heard it three or four times. Last night, I actually had my glasses on and I looked up when the ad came on. So I saw Gene Simmons (and just let me say, ewwww). I have to confess, for the last week when I heard this add, my mental picture was of Richard Simmons and I couldn't ever really figure why there was a show on Richard Simmons and his family jewels. Disgusting either way, but at least it makes sense now.

0 comment(s):

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top