- Fizzy Thoughts: on the road again

on the road again

Monday, April 28, 2008

It's Monday morning and I'm at work. Which probably sounds normal to most people, but for me is akin to being placed on a rack and tortured with thumb screws. Not that I know what that feels like, but you get the picture.

See, normally I flex (in other words, I work 7-5:30, Tuesday through Friday), and Mondays are my day to do whatever I feel like. Sleep in, read, go shopping...whatever. And by the time I come to work on Tuesday, most people have gotten the normal Monday grumpies out of their system, and I've avoided the grumpies altogether.

Except today I'm here. Because I have to go to Sacramento/Davis for a couple of trainings. And usually I'm like, "Cool, I get to go somewhere. Woo-hoo! Let's hit the road." But it feels like I just got home and settled back in to a routine, and you know, I kinda like hanging out with Hamburger in the evening. So not only am I grumpy about working on a Monday, I'm also a little whiny about going out of town, even if I will only be gone until Wednesday night.

Aren't you glad you're not at work with me this morning?

1 comment(s):

girasoli said...

What a great schedule! I would love to find a job where I only worked 4 days. I hope your training goes well.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top