- Fizzy Thoughts: Catch Up

Catch Up

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I've been a bad book blogger and fallen behind on my book reviews. Or what pass for book reviews in my world. My goal this weekend is to get caught up, but I need to remember what all I've been reading. So before I forget, here's the list:

The Geographer's Library - I read this in Savannah, that's how behind I am
Belong to Me - I can't believe I haven't raved about this one yet
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - two thumbs up
Ink Exchange - a disappointing follow-up to Wicked Lovely
The Virgin of Small Plains - another two thumbs up
My Best Friend's Girl - okay, still reading, but I should be done soon

Due to yet another work trip, I had to work on Monday, so I have tomorrow off, as well as Monday, my regular flex day. Which means I get a four day weekend. Yippee!! Plenty of time to get these write-ups done. Maybe. I also need to read Three Cups of Tea in time for the Sunday Slow Travel Concentric Circles reading group discussion. Uh-oh, better get crackin'.

Tomorrow I've got a hot (because we're in the middle of a freakin' heat wave here on the Central Coast!) date with my mom to see Prince Caspian. Which is appropriate, because I seem to be on a YA lit kick lately. I think I'm regressing.

0 comment(s):

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top