- Fizzy Thoughts: May is here

May is here

Saturday, May 03, 2008

It's May already? How can that be? It doesn't feel like May (maybe because the green is already fading from the hills). It really doesn't feel like prom season...not that I'm into that, but I went to get a pedicure today (the toes are now Russian Navy, in case you were wondering) and it was super busy because of prom. To me, prom means the end of the school year is approaching and summer is around the corner. How can it be that time of year already?!?

Humph, I guess I'll just have to accept it. But I'm really not all that into May right now. I have to travel to places I don't want to go this month. First, an overnight trip to Ontario for a work meeting. Then a down and back in one day trip to Orange County for my aunt's 70th birthday. And later that same week another down and back in one day trip, this time to Solvang for a work conference. And like my recent trip to Sacramento, none of these trips are alone. Not that I don't like my travel buddies, it's just way too much time (especially in a car) with other people. I'm actually travelled-out at the moment, an almost unheard of state for me. I just want to hibernate at home with my books. Which is probably why I'm not feeling all May-like. I'm in more of a January mood.

Which might explain why my toes are currently blue.

5 comment(s):

LisaMM said...

How can I get an invite to your aunt's big birthday bash? I'm in Orange County- I would love to meet you in person!

Seriously, I don't envy you at all- that's way too long to be in a car, even with someone you like!

Eden said...

Hi Jill,

I got my pedi today as well. My toes are Sparkling Ruby. :) The only color I use... boring ... my pedicurist would like me to branch out...

I am exited that it is May because it means June 19th soon will be here! Summer break! YEAH!

Sorry about the road trips you have to take...

Jerry said...

There is nothing worse than spending time in the car with folks over a long journey. I even get cranky with folks I like! Good luck . . .

Care said...

Yes, you need to switch that Russian Navy indigo for HOT PINK! or something. Tho, I think the blue/indigo is gorgeous... Hope your May gets better by the end of it!

softdrink said...

Lisa - I wish!! Unfortunately, it's a small family lunch. Some day...

Eden - Hurray for summer...you should paint your toes hot pink to celebrate!

Jerry - glad I'm not alone in the crankiness. :-)

Thanks, Care - the last color was hot pink, so I was trying to go in the opposite direction.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top