- Fizzy Thoughts: Wicked Lovely

Wicked Lovely

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Wicked Lovely
Melissa Marr
2007
328 pages

Aislinn sees fairies. Beautiful, frightening, mischievous and mean, she sees them all. And she's doing a good job of not letting on that she sees them. That is until the Summer King starts stalking her. Aislinn isn't too sure why Keenan has taken a fancy to her, but she's determined to ignore him. Until he starts to convince her that she could be his Summer Queen.

Although the characters and the stories are very different, this book reminded me of Stephenie Meyers' Twilight series. Maybe it's the teenagers. And the romance between Aislinn and Seth. Both books are really intended for teens, but appeal equally to adults. At least this adult.

Anyways...I liked this book (although not as much as the Twilight series, if I'm being honest). I especially liked the first half. The second half...well, I think it could have been tighter. Seth kind of got forgotten at the end. Oh, he's there, I just would have liked more info on how he fits into the whole faerie world. And Donia...without giving too much away, how did she get picked? And Aislinn...how is she handling high school now? So yeah, weak ending.

But the ending didn't detract that much from my overall enjoyment of the book. And I'll still be reading the next one, Ink Exchange.

5 comment(s):

girasoli said...

I have to ask. How fast can you read a book? Do you read a book a day? I am amazed! It takes me forever to read a book. I think it is because I am sort of ADD.

Anne said...

Sounds entertaining. I think my girls would enjoy it too.

girasoli - my older daughter reads a book a day...or more, depending on the length. I used to do that, but nowadays I struggle to find time to read, so takes me much longer.

dean said...

Hi Jill,

Lisa Munley at books on the brain gave me your name. Lisa has agreed to review author Susan Hanshaw's upcoming book "Inner Architect: How To Build The Life You Were Designed To Live."

I represent Susan and her firm inner architect. Blog link below:
http://innerarchitect.wordpress.com/book/

Would you consider reviewing Susan's work upon it's debut in June?

Thank you we appreciate your consideration!

dean and susan

Stephanie said...

I read the first few chapters but was unable to be grabbed by the story and gave up. Oh well...

softdrink said...

I can read a book a day, no problem. Especially if it's the weekend. Work definitely interferes with reading. :-D I read Wicked Lovely Monday afternoon/evening. But I don't read a book every day. Some books take a week, some drag out even longer, although if that's the case I've usually read something else along with it.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top