Wednesday, June 04, 2008
I lifted this meme from girasoli's blog, shave ice and gelato. And since I haven't posted anything in a few days, I decided to "give it a go," as she suggested. Plus, Valerie's post title was too cool to pass up.
1. Last movie you saw in a theater? Indiana Jones and the something or another of the Crystal Skull. It was a fun movie, even if I can't remember the name.
2. What book are you reading? Either The Way Life Should Be or Mrs. Lieutenant...I haven't started either one yet.
3. Favorite board game? Scrabble, although we've been on a Monopoly kick the last few weeks.
4. Favorite magazine? I used to love National Geographic, but not so much anymore, because it's less about the history of places, and more about ecology and sciencey stuff and pictures of bugs, and I find sciencey stuff boring and bugs just plain nasty.
5. Favorite smells? Chocolate chip cookies in the oven, Starbucks, and freshly mown (or is it mowed?) grass.
6. Favorite sounds? Rain, if I'm at home with nowhere I need to be. Hamburger, when he comes home and says "Softdrink!"
7. Worst feeling in the world? Knowing someone is dying.
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up? Can I go back to sleep?
9. Favorite fast food place? In 'n Out Burger, but only occasionally.
10. Future child’s name? Not gonna happen, so there's no need to think of a name.
11. Finish this statement. “If I had lots of money I’d….?" ...pay off the house, quit my job and take off travelling.
12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? No, but Elmo hangs out in a chair across the living room.
13. Storms - cool or scary? Cool, unless it gets so windy the windows rattle.
14. Favorite drink? Lately, it's been green tea lattes.
15. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”? I have time, I just spend it all reading or on the computer.
16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli? If they're there. I cut most of the stem off.
17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice? I went red for a year or so, and I loved it, but it fades, so I'm back to dyeing it blonde, because I'm too young to be gray.
18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in? Maywood, Dufur, Friend (for reals), Boyd, Morro Bay, Los Osos, San Luis Obispo, London
19. Favorite sports to watch? Football
20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you? Don't you mean stole this from? I like the diversity of girasoli's blog, because she writes about the Red Sox and Hawaii and icky bugs (and her posts are much better than National Geo), and we have fun conversations in her comments section.
21. What’s under your bed? The floor, because we have no bedframe.
22. Would you like to be born as yourself again? Sure, but I'd choose a different major in college.
23. Morning person, or night owl? Neither. I'm a 10-2 person.
24. Over easy, or sunny side up? Gross. Omelette, please, with lots of stuff in it.
25. Favorite place to relax? In my comfy chair, with a book.
26. Favorite pie? Peach. A la mode.
27. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate, with swirls of fudge, and caramel, or maybe peanut butter cups, or oreos, or M&Ms...once again, I like stuff.
28. Of all the people you tagged this to, who’s most likely to respond first? I'm not tagging, so it'll be whoever is looking for a topic.