- Fizzy Thoughts: Screamy memey

Screamy memey

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I lifted this meme from girasoli's blog, shave ice and gelato. And since I haven't posted anything in a few days, I decided to "give it a go," as she suggested. Plus, Valerie's post title was too cool to pass up.

1. Last movie you saw in a theater? Indiana Jones and the something or another of the Crystal Skull. It was a fun movie, even if I can't remember the name.

2. What book are you reading? Either The Way Life Should Be or Mrs. Lieutenant...I haven't started either one yet.

3. Favorite board game? Scrabble, although we've been on a Monopoly kick the last few weeks.

4. Favorite magazine? I used to love National Geographic, but not so much anymore, because it's less about the history of places, and more about ecology and sciencey stuff and pictures of bugs, and I find sciencey stuff boring and bugs just plain nasty.

5. Favorite smells? Chocolate chip cookies in the oven, Starbucks, and freshly mown (or is it mowed?) grass.

6. Favorite sounds? Rain, if I'm at home with nowhere I need to be. Hamburger, when he comes home and says "Softdrink!"

7. Worst feeling in the world? Knowing someone is dying.

8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up? Can I go back to sleep?

9. Favorite fast food place? In 'n Out Burger, but only occasionally.

10. Future child’s name? Not gonna happen, so there's no need to think of a name.

11. Finish this statement. “If I had lots of money I’d….?" ...pay off the house, quit my job and take off travelling.

12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? No, but Elmo hangs out in a chair across the living room.

13. Storms - cool or scary? Cool, unless it gets so windy the windows rattle.

14. Favorite drink? Lately, it's been green tea lattes.

15. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”? I have time, I just spend it all reading or on the computer.

16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli? If they're there. I cut most of the stem off.

17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice? I went red for a year or so, and I loved it, but it fades, so I'm back to dyeing it blonde, because I'm too young to be gray.

18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in? Maywood, Dufur, Friend (for reals), Boyd, Morro Bay, Los Osos, San Luis Obispo, London

19. Favorite sports to watch? Football

20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you? Don't you mean stole this from? I like the diversity of girasoli's blog, because she writes about the Red Sox and Hawaii and icky bugs (and her posts are much better than National Geo), and we have fun conversations in her comments section.

21. What’s under your bed? The floor, because we have no bedframe.

22. Would you like to be born as yourself again? Sure, but I'd choose a different major in college.

23. Morning person, or night owl? Neither. I'm a 10-2 person.

24. Over easy, or sunny side up? Gross. Omelette, please, with lots of stuff in it.

25. Favorite place to relax? In my comfy chair, with a book.

26. Favorite pie? Peach. A la mode.

27. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate, with swirls of fudge, and caramel, or maybe peanut butter cups, or oreos, or M&Ms...once again, I like stuff.

28. Of all the people you tagged this to, who’s most likely to respond first? I'm not tagging, so it'll be whoever is looking for a topic.

7 comment(s):

Eden said...

Hey Jill, I love the "10-2 person" answer. I can relate!

And I may just steal this from you as my brain is blank and I may be in need of a topic. Thank you in advance... :)

Phyllis Zimbler Miller said...

2. Hey, is that the book MRS. LIEUTENANT by me (Phyllis Zimbler Miller)? Google alert brought up your blog - thanks for mentioning the book.

1. Saw the newest Indiana Jones movie. I'm a little tired of entire movies of things blowing up, such as I saw also in IRON MAN and PRINCE CASPIAN (newest Narnia movie). What did you like about newest Indy film?

Deborah said...

Jill,
I've got to get your blog linked on my side bar. I keep forgetting to come read it, and its one of my favorites.

bkclubcare said...

Was the town of Friends in Nebraska!? I thought of you when I was perusing the latest Book Review Mag at the library: some ladies wrote a travel book about places famous authors lived! Travel + books = you? It was called "Novel Destinations..." by Joni Rendon and Shannon McKenna Schmidt. FYI

softdrink said...

Eden, aren't memes great space fillers?

Phyliis, thanks for stopping by. I liked the way they poked fun at themselves in the Indy movie.

Thanks Deborah!

Hi Carrie! It was Friend, Oregon, whcih was a town at one time, but not so much now. I saw Novel Destinations mentioned somewhere else...thanks for reminding me of it! It's on my list of books to check out.

anne said...

#6 aw, that's so sweet!
#s 8, 11, 15, 25 are exactly what I would answer, if I wasn't too lazy to do this long meme!

girasoli said...

Jill, thanks so much for the very kind comments about my blog. I read this post the other day but was overloaded at the time with work crap. Sorry it took me so long to comment. I loved your answers to this meme.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top