- Fizzy Thoughts: The Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Unfortunately, today won't be much of a reading day. It's Hamburger's birthday, and while normally we'd celebrate by doing nothing because we're all about low-key weekends, we seem to have been roped into going over to his dad's house for a BBQ. But I got plenty of reading in yesterday.

My plans for yesterday included going into San Luis Obispo to run errands. This isn't so bad, because the weather in San Luis is generally nicer than Morro Bay, so I get to enjoy the sunshine. And the so-called errands included a pedicure (reading time) and getting my car washed (because why wash your car in the fog of Morro Bay when you can read in the sun while someone else washes it for you?). However, I was in my car on the way to San Luis when I realized I had left my book at home. I had planned to start The Way Life Should Be.

And darn it, I was looking forward to be spending some quality time with this book. Oh well...one of my errands was a stop at Barnes and Noble to pick up this book for Hamburger:

Hamburger isn't much of a reader, but he does love his motorcycles.

I figured since I had to go to Barnes and Noble, I could find something to read, even though I have way to many books at home needing to be read. So for once, I wasn't looking forward to finding a book to read, if you can believe that. I limited myself to looking at the new paperbacks table and found The Society of S, a vampire coming of age novel.

It turned out to be a good book. I read half of it while doing those so-called errands, and the other half last night. And when I got to the end I discovered there's a sequel, The Year of Disappearances. Darnit. Now I want to go to the bookstore and buy a book.

4 comment(s):

girasoli said...

Enjoy the barbeque. Happy Birthday Hamburger :)

LisaMM said...

Are they barbequeing HAMBURGER?? Oh no!! That's no way to treat the birthday boy!

Here's a book for ya. I don't know if it's any good but it is set in Croatia.

http://www.amazon.com/Escape-Despair-Katarina-Tepesh/dp/1602640416/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-1227892-6462253?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190351000&sr=8-1

MackAttack said...

let's see a picture of those toes!

M said...

The Way Life should Be looks interesting.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top