- Fizzy Thoughts: Are you feeling lucky, punk?

Are you feeling lucky, punk?

Monday, July 14, 2008

Well, are you? I know I am. Because today, I received this in the mail:


Compliments of Doreen Orion, because I posted a trailer for her book on my blog. Thank you Doreen!

And then...icing on the cake. I just found out I won a copy of Geek Love from one of my favorite bloggers, chartroose:

Thanks Char!

Obviously, I've got some good book karma going on right now. Which means it's time to pass along more books to you all. Not only to keep the karma rolling along, but also to keep me from drowning in piles of books. And notice I'm totally avoiding the g and c words here. Thatwouldbeiveawaygayandontestcay, for those of you fluent in pig speak and run-together words. Because I am trying really hard to avoid being picked up by google and syndicated to places I'd rather not talk about.

So, what do I got? I gots (in addition to bad grammar):

Queen of the Road

Pomegranate Soup and Rosewater and Soda Bread (this is a package deal)

The Septembers of Shiraz

Nice To Come Home To

And this is how it's gonna work. You leave me a comment, and if I can find your blog (because I still have some residual bitterness, this is a condition of entry) I will toss your name into the candy bucket sometime Friday morning. Four names will be drawn. #1 gets the book of her (or his) choice from the above list. #2 can choose from what's left. Same for #3. #4 is stuck with what's left. If you don't want it (I have visions of Bethany ending up with Septembers, which I know she already has), you can choose someone else for me to send it to. This can be anyone, even your great-aunt Gertrude. As long as she doesn't live in Australia, because good grief, have you ever paid for postage to Australia? It's expensive and it takes 10,000 years for delivery.

11 comment(s):

Stephanie said...

Cool, could you please add me to your contest? I've already read Nice to Come Home to, but would love to get any of the other three!

Julie P. said...

I hesitate to enter another one of your contests because I was really lucky to win THE SUGAR QUEEN (and I don't want to appear greedy!)I would love, love, love to win Pomegranate Soup (Celestial Seasoning Book Club Pick) and Rosewater and Soda Bread or Nice to Come Home to!

bethany said...

oh, can I be a lucky punk!?! I am a punk....lets just see if I am lucky :)

Enter me fo sho! I love your g's (shhhh don't say it out loud...THEY may hear)

Have a super happy day softdrink!

Jessica said...

Oooh, I've been wanting to read Queen of the Road and the Pomegranante/Soda Water books! Would you enter me please?

heatherlo said...

please enter me for this one! I promise I exist. :)

ya ya's mom said...

oh pick me, pleeeeease?!

and btw? I LOVED GEEK LOVE!!! What an odd yet fun-tastic read.

p.s. did i mention to PICK ME!?

ourpartyof4 said...

Can I just say that postage to NZ is even more expensive and takes even longer! So, carrie better not be expecting any of these books if I win ;-)

chartroose said...

Even though I don't NEED any more books, I WANT many more books. It's a sickness--it really is. Yes, dahling, enter my name in your contest.

I agree with your previous post about random contest enterers (is that a word)?

bkclubcare said...

easeplay enter ee-may! You are such a generous booksenderperson.

Dar said...

Please can I be entered too! Pomegranate Soup and Rosewater sound so good although I'd be happy with any. Thanks!

softdrink said...

Woo-hoo! 10 comments from people I know (or at least whose blogs I read). I'm a happy camper!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top