- Fizzy Thoughts: Endings

Endings

Thursday, July 31, 2008

What are your favourite final sentences from books? Is there a book that you liked specially because of its last sentence? Or a book, perhaps that you didn’t like but still remember simply because of the last line?

I thought we established last week that I don't remember squat. I'm lucky I remembered a beginning, and now you want an end? Not gonna happen.

6 comment(s):

Confuzzled Books said...

Hey I was gonna answer that. Seriously I had to pan handle for my line from someone who had the book handy. lol

trish said...

I was totally going to answer it this way, too! But then I made up my own question, as usual.

jlshall said...

But at least you remembered Booking Thru Thursday! Loved your answer - honest and funny at the same time.

Dar said...

lol-I have to agree. My memory just isn't that good anymore...

girasoli said...

Me too! I really thought it was a meme or something :) Although I had no answer.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top