- Fizzy Thoughts: Sunday Salon - Where's Your Book Set? meme

Sunday Salon - Where's Your Book Set? meme

Sunday, July 13, 2008


Because I'm not getting much reading done today, and I'm in a lazy mood, I thought I would take Mrs. S at Blue Archipelago up on her offer to do the Where's Your Book Set? meme. Thank you Mrs. S.

1. Title and author of the book


2. What year is the book set in?
1999

3. What happened on this day in that year? Go to google and type in the date ie 13 July 1952 and see if you can find a news item for that day
In Iran, student protesters clashed with government hardliners in Iran's most violent demonstrations in nearly two decades.

4. Where is your book set?
England, specifically the road from London to Canterbury.

5. Have you visited that place before? If yes tell us something about your trip. If no, look the location up on google and tell us an interesting fact about the city/country.
I've been to England twice, although I've never been to Canterbury. My first trip was in college, when I lived in London for three months. I loved it. My second trip was in 2005 and I went with my mom, my aunt and my uncle for 3 weeks. Of all the places I've travelled, London remains my favorite.

3 comment(s):

MackAttack said...

Why is London your favorite?

PS. Good job reading my blog even though it isn't on your feeder thing! :)

Mrs S said...

Thanks for playing along :)

London has its good points - but it's not my favourite city in the UK. I'm not sure what is actually now I come to think of it! London is just too big and busy.

softdrink said...

Mack, it's all about the history, baby! I love all the history just staring me in the face. Other places have that, too, but in London I actually remember a lot of the history I'm looking at. And I like it's character...it's not beautiful or pretentious. And I'm comfortable there. And, and, and...:-D

Mrs. S...thanks again for the invite to play.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top