- Fizzy Thoughts: unspectacularly quirky

unspectacularly quirky

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Or is that spectacularly unquirky?

Melissa tagged me for a meme, and here is how it works:

Rules:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged

And here we go...

1. I don’t like ice water. I would much rather drink my water (and most other drinks) at room temp…and here in Morro Bay that’s not quite as warm as you might think.
2. I almost always read the end of a book first. I can’t help it…I need to know what’s going to happen.
3. I love to collect bookmarks from places I've travelled to. Except then I forget to use them. My bookmark usually ends up being a Border's receipt..
4. I can’t swim. And yet, I live by the ocean and with a surfer.
5. I love salad, but I hate to make them. They are always so much more interesting (and they taste better) when they come from a salad bar, or Nucci's, or California Pizza Kitchen, or pretty much anywhere other than my kitchen.
6. The shirts in my closet are hung in color groups. Because I have lots of clothes, and it makes it easier to find things. This quirk does not extend to the shoes, which are usually in a jumble on the closet floor.

Wasn't that riveting? Not.

I’m not going to tag anyone in particular, but I know there are people out there who are always on the lookout for a good meme or topic. So go ahead, meme away.

12 comment(s):

trish said...

I like to read the ends of books first, too. :D

trish said...

I like to read the ends of books first, too. :D

trish said...

Lame blogger.

Dar said...

I like #4 the best. lol. I used to read the ends of books first but it spoiled it for me so now I desperately restrain myself from doing it-it's hard sometimes though.

bkclubcare said...

I am the same way on #1, #5 and #6! But I rarely read the ends of books first and I can swim. But I'd rather not have it tested in a life/death situation.

softdrink said...

Trish, blogger can be spectaculary quirky, which is not an attractive trait for blogger.

Dar, oviously I have no will power when it comes to the end of books.

Care, our closets sound like BFF!

girasoli said...

Wow, we have a lot in common. I also don't like ice water, almost always read the end of the book first, love salad but hate to make it, and have all my shirts sorted by colors! Scary!! :-)

girasoli said...

Oh, and what is BFF?

softdrink said...

Girasoli, you could be my BFF, too! (best friend forever)

girasoli said...

Now why didn't I know that :)

chartroose said...

Reading the end first is just wrong, and chartroose is appalled! Chartroose is an excellent swimmer. It's too bad chartroose and softdrink don't live closer together because chartroose could teach softdrink to swim.

It's fun to write this way every once in awhile!

softdrink said...

Well, trish likes to read the ends of books first so much she posted twice, so that trumps chartroose's objections. ;-)

Hmmmm, if softdrink lived closer to chartroose, softdrink might take swim lessons from chartroose, but only if they could talk books in between lessons (and no talk about books like The Drowning Tree, 'cause that would be bad juju).

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top