- Fizzy Thoughts: You guys are good

You guys are good

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Last night I sent out a plea for help. And yowza, you guys are full of suggestions for things to write about. I’ll definitely be using some of these suggestions for future posts. For now, here are all of the comments (with my initial responses in italics)…

Lisa suggested I talk about:
Pet peeves? Politics? Local news? Hurricane Dolly? What color your toenails are painted? Favorite cocktail (including the recipe) a la Doreen Orion in Queen of the Road? Favorite childhood vacation? Worst thing about getting older? Recent dreams/nightmares? Thoughts on marriage? Children? People who take crazy risks? What you're having for dinner (incl. the recipe)? Favorite restaurant? Stupid pet tricks? Most memorable concert you ever attended? Good grief…maybe Lisa should consider a career as a blog topic suggester!

Rachael asked:
If you were a dessert, what would you be? Simple, seasonal fruit? Layers of cake and frosted sugar? Creamy pudding goodness?
Is there a dessert book you would recommend?
(Note: any answers may be consumed) Hah! I love that last line…I think I’ll start with Rachael’s question, so stay tuned!

Care, on the other hand, wants to know…
Any book to movie comparisons?
Tell us about upcoming trips?
Year-to-date BEST reads so far? Oooh, that’s a good one!

Beastmomma asks:
I am having lots of challenges with my blog administrator, so I am curious about the experience of others. How did you chose blogspot? What do you enjoy about this administrator? What would you change? Would you recommend to a friend? Another excellent idea…I’ll post soon about this.

Herschelian said:
It would be great if you blogged about your favourite bookshop; or about how you choose what to read next from your TBR pile, (something I always have trouble with myself, I can be so indecisive). Do you ever pick up a book and feel put off by the quality of the paper or the typeface? Or by the cover? How do you choose which books to Bookcross? ...so many questions, lets have some answers! Have I mentioned I’m a lapsed bookcrosser?

Mack kept it short with:
Favorite childhood memories?
Movies? You really wanna hear about Mongol?

bethany, of course, is all about the books:
You could post about how you have super good book karma because of all the millions of books you have given to us readers of yours, and how you got the grand prize of the 14 books!!!! That is just perfect. I have to say you deserve them :) Thank you, I think so, too. ;-D

And Eden…well, Eden appears to be having the same problem as me.

Thanks everyone, for helping me out in my time of need. And now, I’m off to start answering those questions!

8 comment(s):

LisaMM said...

Well, you DID ask for suggestions, LOL.

Dar said...

LOL. Sorry I wasn't around for your plea for help but it certainly looks like you got lots of it. Lots of material for future posts now.

bkclubcare said...

Looking forward to it!

Trisha said...

Hiya. I nominated you for an award. Check it out on my blog.

Take care!

http://trishaj.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-award.html

girasoli said...

Me too. Sorry I missed your plea. Your posts are always either very informative or entertaining. If I was on time, I probably would want to know more about Hamburger, your childhood, and travel stories...although as I stated, I love all of your posts!!

softdrink said...

Thanks Trisha!

girasoli...I'll have to work those ideas in, to. Thanks!

trish said...

I'm lame, I know. Topics just come to me...it's hard for me to think of a bunch on the spot. SO, maybe I'll just steal from all these great ideas you got!

karthika said...

Thanks trisha!...



regards
aegan stills, songs

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top