- Fizzy Thoughts: Book Buzz Meme

Book Buzz Meme

Thursday, August 14, 2008

chartroose has tagged me. Of course, she had to go and tag me for something that I actually had to think about. And that introduces me to new books. And that makes my TBR tower (it's officially moved past pile and into tower) even more ginormous. That chartroose...she's such a meanie.

Here's how it works...

I am going to list three categories of books. 3 MUST Read Books, 3 Keep Your Eyes on These, and 3 Look For These Soon. Keeping with the theme, I am going to tag at least 3 bloggers. They should put these same lists on their blog but SUBTRACT one book from each list and ADD one of their own. Then they should tag at least 3 more bloggers. It will be fun to see how the lists change as they go around the blogosphere. Please come back to this post and leave a comment so I can see how the lists are changing. Since this is Book Buzz…please keep your lists to titles released in 2007-2009.

Stars next to my additions …

3 MUST Read Books:
When We Were Romans by Matthew Kneale
We Disappear by Scott Heim
*The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid

3 Keep Your Eyes on These:
The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry
The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
*The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry

3 Look For These Soon:
Songs for the Missing by Stewart O’Nan
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
*In Hovering Flight by Joyce Hinnefeld

Let’s see, who to tag?? Let’s go with…

Lisa of Books on the Brain and TLC Book Tours
Trish of Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin’? and TLC Book Tours
Jessica over at Both Eyes Book Blog (turnabout and all that!)

Of course, if I didn't tag you, and you want to play, by all means...join in!

2 comment(s):

chartroose said...

I am a meanie! That's why you lurve me soooo much! If I were a nice person, I know you'd just wipe me all over the pavement like doo-doo on the bottom of a sneaker!

I may have to try "The Lace Reader" based on your good opinion of it.

trish said...

I did it! And thanks, I love being tagged. And thanks for tagging Jessica...book bloggers are the best and most welcoming!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top