- Fizzy Thoughts: Dog Days of Summer meme

Dog Days of Summer meme

Friday, August 29, 2008

Last Friday, my buddy chartroose posted this meme. This Friday, I’m posting it. Because I have nothing better to do.

My uncle once: took me out for Chinese food and told me stories about growing up in Bisbee, Arizona. That was the only time I ever really talked to him one-on-one.

Never in my life: have I had a cavity.

When I was five: I was really a blonde.

High school was: not bad until I returned to teach there. Then it became very bad.

I will never forget: Ask me again when I’m 80. If dementia hasn’t sunk in, I’ll give you an answer then.

Once I met: a man named Jack. I really hate meeting men named Jack…the introductions are so ridiculous.

There’s this girl I know: who is planning to elope for her wedding. Thank god.

Once at a bar: I met Hamburger.

By noon, I’m usually: already digesting my lunch.

Last night: Hamburger and I made plans to go to Lolo’s for dinner tonight.

If I only had: a trust fund.

Next time I go to church: You’ve got to be kidding.

What worries me most: Sorry, I’m more a glass half-full type of gal.

You’ll know I’m lying when: I tell you I went to church.

What I miss most about the 80’s is: my mom making dinner for me.

If I were a character in Shakespeare, I’d be: trying to collect some serious royalties.

A better name for me would be: Kim. Because that’s what people who forget my name usually call me.

I have a hard time understanding: post-modernism

If I ever go back to school: Ummm…been there, done that, dropped out.

You know I like you if: I make sarcastic comments.

Take my advice, never: be a substitute teacher.

My ideal breakfast is: Starbucks

If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: take a good book (that’s if I consider Dufur to be my hometown). If it’s Morro Bay, then bundle up and go to the beach. With a good book.

Why won’t people: stop involving religion in politics.

The world could do without: cell phones. Seriously, we could. Civilization managed to survive thousands of years without ‘em. I’d be willing to bet the world would not end if we did away with cell phones.

I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: have to chew and swallow the cockroach.

My favorite blondes are: Hamburger, although what hair he does have is more of a strawberry blonde color. And chartroose…because who else would change their answers to include moi?

If I do anything well, it’s: to spend an entire day reading.

And, by the way: Happy Friday!

6 comment(s):

anne said...

omg, you have the BEST memes on your blog! The Shakespeare answer totally cracked me up!

Deborah said...

No, No, No... You are not going to suck me into doing another meme!
Welll, maybe just this one.
I tried substitute teaching once, for one day. I can't believe I survived.

girasoli said...

No cavities? Wow. I don't think I would have any answer for the cockroach one...eeewwww! I am amazed at home many teachers substitute after retiring. Not sure I could do it. Starbucks or Borders are my top picks.

Eden said...

another cool meme. I will copy it for later... heck, maybe not waiting for later... but soon.

(M)ary said...

all this talk about carbonated beverages and you have never had a cavity!

chartroose said...

Some of this stuff was so funny! Why do people call you Kim if they forget your name? Do you look like a Kim? Do Kims even look like Kims?

Separation of church and state--YES, YES, YES! I just saw a really scary documentary about Evangelicals entitled "Jesus Camp." If these people take over the country, we're finished as a democracy.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top